This is our story... Believe me, it is not a fairy tale. Scott and I argue, my children have meltdowns, and my house is often a mess. But we sure do love each other
and so far we are living happily ever after.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cole at Three

Cole just turned 3 in June but if you ask him how old he is he will tell you that he is getting ready to turn 4. He will tell complete strangers this when they ask him. I've tried to explain to him that he should say he is 3 but he won't listen. Stuff like this is why Cole is constantly making me smile. He really is funny. Other cute things he says: If I try to love on him his says, "Stop mama. Kisses and hugs are only on Tuesdays." He once told me to stop freaking out. (Not sure where he has heard that from.) One day I asked him if this shirt I put on made me look fat. I didn't really expect an answer I was just talking. Well he said, "Yeah it does." I must have given him a sad look because he said, "Oh mama, you're not fat, just your belly." I thought he would be so shy because he gave strangers the serious stare when he was a baby, just like Ella. But oh no. He will talk to anyone that will listen. Once at Target he said to the lady in front of us at the checkout, "Hey, lady. Where's my daddy?" Every night he and Scott check for trolls under his bed with a flashlight. I don't think he is really scared that there are trolls under there. He just likes to do this with his daddy. I enrolled him into preschool this year and he just finished his first week. I picked him up Thursday and he said,"I had so much fun mama." I was glad to hear that because it is so hard to leave him. For some reason Cole always wants me to carry him around. If I go downstairs to get something for him. He wants to come too and I have to carry him. I asked him why he can't walk and he says because his legs are so short. If I won't carry him then he finds someone else to do it, like his aunt Lisa. At this age he loves sports, especially golf and baseball. He loves to read books and watch TV. He is a real couch potato and sometimes I have to cut the TV off just so he will go and play. He likes playing pirates and cowboys. He has just now gotten into playing the computer and video games (which I secretly like to play too). He has entered the "Watch this mama" phase. He's always doing flips and "cool moves" off the couch for me to see. The only time he gets in trouble is for throwing things across the room and for being sassy. I love it when he sits in my lap with his sippy cup and blanket and we watch TV together. He will let me hold him for just a little while this way. Once the show goes off, out of my lap he goes. Doing his boyish things. Until the next time, I just look forward to Tuesdays.

Cole, getting ready to turn 4.



Riding my tricycle.



My three favorite things; my blanket, my sippy cup, and TV


Cowboy Cole. In his pants he has stuffed a fly-swatter, a laser gun, a sword and some kind of pole. These are things a cowboy needs. Don't you know?


First Day of Preschool


Reading books.



Playing golf in the house.





1 comment:

Lisa Hardee said...

I love that sweet Cole, like my own. Absolutely precious! Brought tears to my eyes. I will have to come visit on Tuesdays so I can get some hugs and kisses too.