This is our story... Believe me, it is not a fairy tale. Scott and I argue, my children have meltdowns, and my house is often a mess. But we sure do love each other
and so far we are living happily ever after.

Monday, September 8, 2008

My Parenting Philosophy...


Whatever makes them happy!

Yes, I let my children.....

  • run in the rain
  • watch TV
  • jump on the bed
  • go outside with no shoes on
  • Every time we go to Target I buy Cole an Icee and he never once asks for a toy. Ella is sure to follow soon.
  • eat in the den
  • blow bubbles in the house
  • We bring the sandbox inside when it's too cold out.
  • eat dessert before supper

This may explain why our carpet is ruined but we sure have made some fun memories and my kids are happy and just a little spoiled.

Cole waiting for rain.


Cole wanted to play too.

Ella slowly took all the wipes out of the bag, one at a time. A lot of parents would have taken the wipes away. But I thought it was funny watching her. She took one out and another one would appear. It amazed her.




3 comments:

Lisa Hardee said...

I love your parenting philosophy. So funny! Makes life much easier.

Anonymous said...

Amen...I agree with your philosophy...looks a lot like what goes on around my house...they are only young once, right?
Angela

Jodi Lowe said...

I wish I had the mind set you have!! You really seem so laid back and things never get to you! I really admire that!