This is our story... Believe me, it is not a fairy tale. Scott and I argue, my children have meltdowns, and my house is often a mess. But we sure do love each other
and so far we are living happily ever after.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Swimming Lessons


Cole received swimming lessons from his Papa Rudy and Nana Wina for his birthday. His lessons started this week. Big difference from last year. Two teenage girls were his instructors last year and pretty much eased him into things. This year he has more of a coach type instructor. They are already jumping in - fully immersed (something they didn't do until the last day last year). Cole seems to be loving it. Pretty hard to keep Ella out of the water though. She can't quite understand why she can't get in.



Ella watching Cole do his push-ups. That's what Cole calls these wall things they do.




The lifeguards will not allow anyone in the pool without them, so Ella cannot go in the water. Today I brought a big bucket of water and a watering can and she played in that a long time, filling up bowls. Papa Rudy was there too so he helped me watch her when she started to wonder.



Ella, my Grandma Bonnie would have loved your eyelashes. You have no idea.






Scooping ice cream - the beginnings of swimming I think.




This is the superman float. I really cannot believe Cole did this. But the coach said he should and these kids listen to the coach. I think his name is Mr. Aaron and he is very nice by the way.





Learning to kick with the kickboard.



Cole kept turning around and giving Papa and me the thumbs up. I guess that was to reassure us he was having fun. I still can't believe he is four and jumping in water over his head (missed that picture). Thanks Papa and Nana for the lessons!


I promise Ella you will have a turn soon!

2 comments:

Lisa Hardee said...

Oh, my gosh, she looks so much like you when you were little in that last picture! I love the b&w pic. where she is looking over at Cole. Sweet! Can't wait to see her tomorrow.

Mary Evans said...

ethan is in swimming lessons the next 2 wks and he is doing so well.
last year he cried and would not go near the lady in the pool- hope to see you soon. maybe we can get together next week! I will call you.