We spent part of Easter on the farm this year. I know it must take Mom and Dad the whole day just to mow the grass there. But it sure was beautiful. It really makes you feel close to God when you are out in the country.
Ella just roaming around... I brought her an extra dress because I knew she would get dirty. She loved playing in the sand and eating her bunny cake (made just for her by Nana.)
Cole had to warm up to the country. He was a little scared of the fireants and stayed inside for a little while. Then he must have forgotten about the ants because he ran around playing the rest of the time. The boys played basketball and hit golf balls. Parker loved pulling Ella around in the wagon.
Daddy grilled steaks and Mama made the sides.
After lunch we went on a tractor ride. The Easter Bunny left a note for the children. Dalton read the clues to Papa so he would know which way to go on the tractor.
The note took us by the pond and up the hill. There the Easter Bunny had left his basket and 3 dozen hidden eggs.
The last clue lead the children to an old barn that had Easter baskets from Nana and Papa.
The older boys helped Mama hide Easter Eggs for the grownups to find. This is my favorite part because I am very competitive. Two eggs have money in them. This year Lisa (who we think cheated) and my brother Steven found the money eggs. I tried so hard to get a picture of the children but Ella was not participating and then Parker was done. So this is the best I could do. The boys were so sweet to Ella though. They did try to get her to stop crying.
We had a blast! After that we drove up to Pine Level to visit Scott's family and then to Princeton to see his Grandma and Granddaddy Holt. We had an Easter egg hunt in Pine Level. Ella just walked around while Cole looked for eggs.
Cole's favorite egg - Spiderman. His cousin Hailey gave it to him, so sweet! Ella has this thing where she sticks her tongue out to taste something new. I guess she's checking to see if she likes it. She loves candy and can open it herself if you don't.
Toward the end of the evening Cole decided he wants to run around the house with his Papa Rudy. I wonder if Papa Rudy is sore today?
We had fun this Easter! A lot of driving but so much fun for us and the kids. By the end of the night Cole and Ella had switched car toys. She was playing his Leapster and he was calling someone on the Winnie the Pooh phone.





















1 comment:
What a BUSY Easter! So glad we had our time together. We loved it! The new background & pictures are so cute!
Post a Comment