This is our story... Believe me, it is not a fairy tale. Scott and I argue, my children have meltdowns, and my house is often a mess. But we sure do love each other
and so far we are living happily ever after.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello Pancakes

We got some good news today. Tests showed that Cole has outgrown his egg allergy. Living with an egg allergy has not been easy. Eggs are in everything, even in some pizzas. Cole has never even had a doughnut before because they contain eggs. At birthday parties he knew that he was only allowed to eat the icing because the cake part has eggs in it. He never once complained. It is all he has ever known. Tomorrow night we are going to celebrate with some Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Sunday we may have to take a trip to the Waffle House. A place that was definitely off limits before. This opens up a whole new world for him and us. Now we can say hello...

  • pancakes
  • brownies
  • all kinds of cookies
  • muffins
  • hush puppies
  • all pizzas
  • waffles
  • casseroles
  • most importantly birthday cake

Thanks Dalton for your special prayer. It worked!

7 comments:

Tory said...

This is great news, especially after the Hi-C incident. Have fun on your Krispy Kreme/ Waffle House adventure.

Lisa Hardee said...

I think Dalton is as happy as Cole is! I will make Cole a chocolate cake this weekend! Who would have know one little prayer would do all of that!

Mary Evans said...

I am so HAPPY FOR COLE!!! YEAH!!!
I know this is some relief - I know you are so glad you took him-
we may have to bake some special cookies for Cole!
:)

Barbara said...

This is the best news ever! I can't wait to bake him a batch of REAL chocolate chip cookies and REAL cupcakes without the yucky egg-free powder!

Angela Standley said...

Yeah for Cole!!! Life without doughnuts just isn't fair...especially Krispy Kreme. I hope he eats a dozen.
Love-
Angela

Tina Anderson said...

Yeah! I know you are as happy as Cole!

The Allamon's said...

I am so glad to hear this news. I know how hard it is to read the boxes of everything and to have to make special cakes for birthdays! Enjoy your pancakes and chocolate chip cookies!