This is our story... Believe me, it is not a fairy tale. Scott and I argue, my children have meltdowns, and my house is often a mess. But we sure do love each other
and so far we are living happily ever after.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

Whew! I'm exhausted and Halloween has come and gone. It is officially November and time to think Turkey. (Teachers love themes.) Even though Halloween is over I still wanted to post a few pictures from the parties we attended. We really did have fun! Tonight when I put Cole to bed I swear he had a smile on his face. He has had the best week. I'm too tired to write much but in a nutshell we....
*made a haunted house out of gingerbread
*carved 4 pumpkins
*went to First Baptist's Trick or Trunk
*Celebrated Halloweenie, as we call it at the Morris household.
*Trick or treated - This was the first year my mom got to go with us. Usually she stays behind with a baby. No babies this year.
*Went to a fun "after Halloween "party hosted by the Lees and Standleys.


Do not attempt this at home. It looks fun in the box but is a huge pain. Cole kept licking the roof while I was trying to get it to stay up. The box should say for 7 and up. Oh who are we kidding it probably does but I didn't even look.





Cole helped carve one of these and then ran off. Scott and I carved the rest when the children were in the bed.

Trick or Trunk at First Baptist
Cole loved the idea of trick or trunk. His favorite thing to do there was the huge obstacle course jumphouse. Thank you Nana Wina and Papa Rudy for hanging out with us.









Getting ready to trick or treat.

Ella was a ballerina.

Cole was a Ninja or Ninja White according to him.
Halloweenie hosted by Nana B. and Papa Lewis
Every year my mom and dad have a Halloween party. They usually have hotdogs and that is how it got its name. This year the house was decorated so cute and they had hamburgers that looked like people and spider cupcakes. Then we trick or treated in their neighborhood. Thanks for everything Nana and Papa.


You probably can't see it but the french fry holders are Frankenstein men. My mom is in the teaching business too.












Halloween costume gone way wrong.
We asked Scott what he was and he said he didn't know. The children finally decided that he was a cave man. At one point in the night, I asked Cole where his Halloween bucket was and he said the cave man has it.










Halloween After Party
The original party was canceled due to rain and rescheduled for today. We had lots of fun. There was a costume contest, monster lab, a hayride and a huge pumpkin for every child. Not to mention lots of fun toys and good friends to play with. Thanks Angela and Allyson, we had a ball.







This is where all of the teething babies hung out. Nothing like cold ice on soar, swollen gums.



This blog is dedicated to Angela. You are my hero and made this whole blog possible.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Loved ALL the pictures!! I can see why you are exhausted! We had so much fun last night, hope we can do it again next year!

Mom

Lisa Hardee said...

Scott's outfit was the best of all! We had so much fun. Cute pictures! Tell Ninja White and Ella that Aunt Lisa loves them very much!

Tory said...

These pictures are too cute! Sounds like you had a very busy but good time! Poor Ella didn't realize that the "Cave Man" was her Daddy! Hope you can have some down time today. I love reading your blog, since I don't get to see you very much anymore! Miss you!

The Allamon's said...

Your pictures are so cute. That little princess is precious. Cole looks like he had a great time. It is so cute to see him with his little cousins. He is so lucky to have them!