This is our story... Believe me, it is not a fairy tale. Scott and I argue, my children have meltdowns, and my house is often a mess. But we sure do love each other
and so far we are living happily ever after.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Precious

Ella has been saying, "ma ma ma ma" for a while now. Well the other day I laid her down for a nap in her crib. I was scratching her hair, when she looked up at me with her sleepy eyes and said," Mama." I smiled and said,"That's right Ella. I'm your mama." Still looking at me she said,"Mama" again and then closed her eyes. It was as if at that moment she realized that was my name. Still, when I think of it, tears fill my eyes because you never know how much that word will mean to you until you hear your child say it for the first time. Granted when your three year old is yelling, "Mama watch this" constantly it can get old. But there is nothing like the first time.
Ella, I love being your mom!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

This is SO sweet! You have 2 precious little children!