This was Ella's meet the teacher night. We were watching my neighbors little boy and so he came along too.
Ella has wanted to go to school for two years now. She would cry when we would drop Cole off at preschool. Tuesday of this week was finally her turn. She literally skipped into her classroom her first day and posed like, "Here I Am." When I went to pick her up, both teachers said she is something else. Not sure if they meant that as a good or bad thing. She did have to be moved at lunch for talking and cutting up so much with a little boy next to her. Oh my! She loves school and when we drive by she says "That's my school."

Ella has her own cubby.
Ella brings me such happiness and I'm so glad that I have three more years with her. Oh how I love that pickle of mine!Cole had his first day of Kindergarten on Thursday of this week. Half of his class came. The whole class will be together on Tuesday and then its regular schedule from here on out. Aunt Lisa watched Ella down in her classroom so I could walk Cole to class by himself. He did so well but I could tell by the look in his eyes he was scared to death. His little lip was quivering while he was doing his color sheet. I knew he was trying hard not to cry and so was I. Several times Ella asked where Cole was and then she finally said, "I miss Cole." I told her that I did too. I said a little prayer for him throughout the day.
When I picked him up he said he had a fun day. His favorite part was when they looked around the school for a raccoon that had left clues all over. They never found him but he did leave Oreo cookies. He hated rest time on the floor. I am going to see if Nana B can make him a towel with a small pillow in it like we had when I was little. I know it is going to get easier for him but harder for me. It does help me to know that Lisa is there with him. She saw him and called me to tell me he looked like he was having fun.


Here he is holding back tears. Oh how I love him to pieces. We will miss him around here but I know he will make us proud. I do have to let him grow up I guess.

No comments:
Post a Comment