This is our story... Believe me, it is not a fairy tale. Scott and I argue, my children have meltdowns, and my house is often a mess. But we sure do love each other
and so far we are living happily ever after.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's Up Doc?

Busy, busy busy. That's us. This is the first time I have been able to sit at my computer in a while. I remember even when I taught how crammed packed February was. Maybe March will be a little slower. Yesterday when I gave Cole his lunch he said, "Oh yeah! Carrots! I love carrots." I really was in shock. This is the pickiest child I have ever met and up until a week ago he would not even try carrots and now he loves them. Why the sudden change you may wonder? Well, we have the Hardees to thank for this! One night at their house Dalton convinces Cole to try one. Aunt Lisa tells him that they will give him X-ray vision (genius pure genius). Turns out he likes them. He held the carrot up yesterday and said I'm going to get some more X-ray vision. He ate the carrot and then said he needed to see if it worked. He went and stood by the wall and said, "Nay, it didn't work." He is really into super heroes now. But his real life hero is Dalton. He looks up to Dalton so much and Dalton is so good to Cole. Dalton could probably get Cole to do just about anything. We really need to eat supper with them more often. Now if Dalton could get him to eat broccoli.

Now Cole you have to eat spinach. It will give you big muscles.

Our Real Life Hero

3 comments:

Lisa Hardee said...

The X-ray vision worked on Dalton when he was three too! He still loves carrots now. Glad he could help his little buddy.

The Allamon's said...

Adorable! We hold Austin's muscles and pretend they are growing. Each time he takes a bite he says did you feel it? It is amazing to see what works.

Barbara said...

This is sweet. It's special how little boys always seem to have someone they look up to. I'm glad Dalton talked him into eating his carrots! Everyone needs X-ray vision! Ha!