This is our story... Believe me, it is not a fairy tale. Scott and I argue, my children have meltdowns, and my house is often a mess. But we sure do love each other
and so far we are living happily ever after.

Monday, December 1, 2008

What have you done?

This is the question I asked my three year old when he went missing for a little while. Cole is normally very responsible and I can pretty much trust him. Well, this is one time he just didn't think..... I had just laid Ella down for a nap and Cole was going to rest on my bed and watch a movie. I was up all night with him because he had had the croup and I was exhausted. I laid down beside him and you guessed it. I feel asleep. I'm not sure how long he had been gone but I rolled over and noticed he wasn't there. Then I called his name. No answer. Then I see his little feet poking out from behind the computer chair. "What is he doing," I thought to myself? I walked over to him and smelled permanent marker. Oh no! To my horror he had colored all of his fingernails and toenails and up the side of his leg with a black permanent marker. Marker no big deal. But permanent, how do you get that out?


I went to get the fingernail polish remover and he ran and hid in Scott's closet. He just had his fingers poking out.



Into the bathtub he went. It really wasn't that bad. Some of it came off but he is going to have black under his fingernails and toenails for a long time.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

This is too cute! I remember when your dad would fall asleep instead of Steven. Steven would always come out of the bedroom with a sneaky grin. I'd ask where daddy was and he'd say he's asleep but not me!!

The Allamon's said...

That is so funny! I love the pictures you took. Now that it is over, it will be a cute story to share. It could have been so much worse!

Lisa Hardee said...

This reminds me of a doll I know once that was ruined with a permanent marker. Someone wanted to see what she would look like with chicken pox.

Tory said...

I love it! It reminds me of my sister. She was little and wanted to be the "Incredible Hulk" so she colored her face with a green permanent marker! My mom didn't actually punish her, because she was punished enough by just getting the marker off her face! By the time the marker was off, my sister's face was beet red. At least you can cover most of Cole's up!

Vicki Wood said...

I love it!!! At least it wasn't on the walls. If it had been me asleep Ava would have cut all of her hair off.