This is our story... Believe me, it is not a fairy tale. Scott and I argue, my children have meltdowns, and my house is often a mess. But we sure do love each other
and so far we are living happily ever after.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Strangest Thing

Today I did the strangest thing. I walked down the girl toy aisle at Target. Up until today I've never stepped foot in those aisles. Ella has mostly played with Cole's old baby toys and she is fine with that. As most of you are aware, her first birthday is coming up and I wanted to get her a birthday present. While I walked up and down looking at the girl toys, I found myself smiling and giggling inside. My childhood started to flash before me. I saw dress-up clothes, every babydoll you can imagine, strollers and highchairs for your baby, barbie dolls and I even saw that doll head whose hair you can fix (remember that Lisa). Ella has always been a girl, I know that. But I see her not as a girl but as my baby. My sweet baby, who I rock and hug and kiss. After today I see her in a different light. I see her future. I kind of felt a little sad because I know she is growing up and she is going to be my little girl soon. I ended up not buying anything because she just seems too young for most of those toys. But I know that I will be up and down those aisles again really soon and I'm sure she will have an opinion as to what we must get. For now, at least for one more week, she is still just my baby.

My Baby for Now

6 comments:

Lisa Hardee said...

That picture is beautiful! Now you understand why Joseph came home with 20 transformers for Dalton when he was suppose to get one. (He became a kid again too, remembering when he was a child.) I can't wait until we can go get our nails done together!!

Barbara said...

Watch out...with those eyes I'm sure she's going to get anything she wants! Our NEW princess, Ha!

Tina Anderson said...

I know!!! It's so sad they're growing up so fast. Just remember every stage will have it's own sweetness about it!

The Allamon's said...

She is such a beautiful little girl! Each stage is so precious. You are going to have so much fun shoping with your litte girl!

Vicki Wood said...

Have lots of fun! Ella will finally get to play with more than hammers, balls, and sippy cup tops. HA! I can't wait for her birthday. Shopping for girls is fun. I will never get to shop for a boy, but I can give you lots of advice about girls. Enjoy your flashback!!

Jodi Lowe said...

OHHHH, you have got me wanting a baby girl so bad after reading that! That is so sweet!!!!